What could be more exciting than finally committing to remodel your kitchen and upgrade your cabinets to a brand new kitchen design? Whether you are making a small change or undergoing a large project, you need to decide on the materials that you will use early on to ensure that everything works together seamlessly. Fall River kitchen cabinets can come in a variety of styles, designs, sizes and colors, depending on the statement that you want to make with your new kitchen.
The best way to figure out what works best for you, is to stop by the Fall River showroom for Paul’s Quality Kitchens so you can see, feel and experience the options available in person. Photos in a catalog just won’t cut it compared to seeing it for yourself. Whether you want stock, semi-custom or custom kitchen design solutions, our wide selection and top-notch customer service can help you get the kitchen of your dreams.
Creating a Budget
The first thing you will want to do is settle on a budget for your kitchen remodel in Fall River. The amount of money that you have available, either from savings or through a home improvement loan, will determine the type of cabinets and materials you will be able to purchase. Fortunately, there are a lot of good quality materials available at a range of price points that will help you to create a beautiful brand new kitchen design. Once you know your budget you can visit the Fall River showroom and start working with one of our designers to select your kitchen cabinets, cupboards and other materials.
Things to consider when creating your budget:
- cost for Fall River kitchen cabinets and cupboards
- cost for new countertops, flooring and any other materials you will replace
- labor costs for installation
- estimated costs for electrical or plumbing work that needs to be done
- material cost for fixtures, lighting, paint, tile work and anything else you want to include in your brand new kitchen design
- extra budgeting for incidentals in case anything else needs to be replaced or if extra work is required for labor and installation
Choosing the Cabinet Materials
As you might have guessed by the title of this article, we are going to be discussing the difference between stock, semi-custom and custom Fall River kitchen cabinets and materials for your kitchen remodeling project. When you visit our Fall River showroom, you will see all of the elements that you need for your brand new kitchen design. We carry a range of sizes, styles, designs and colors, as well as price ranges of materials to suit your needs. Working with one of our design specialists can help you select the best materials according to your needs and your budget.
The primary differences between these types of cabinets include:
- STOCK – These are pre-manufactured cabinets that are ready-made and mass-produced in a factory. They are a standard width that ranges between 9-inches on up to 48-inches in increments of 3-inches each. The standard depth for stock cabinets is 12-inches for wall cabinets and 24-inches for the base, utility and oven cabinets. These are sold in modular units that cannot be customized, however they are the lowest in cost and are typically available for immediate delivery. Limited selections are available with regard to the type of wood, colors, shapes and styles.
- SEMI-CUSTOM – As you might imagine, these are the mid-range type of kitchen cabinets that you will find at our Fall River showroom. These are basically stock cabinets, as described above, but they have extra options available for detailing. While the basic sizes and dimensions are still applicable, it is possible to re-size door fronts and cabinet drawers to customize them for your home. Lower in cost than fully custom Fall River kitchen cabinets, yet still very affordable for a brand new kitchen design on a budget.
- CUSTOM – These cabinets are built according to your unique specifications. They can be any size, style and color that you want. Depending on what you want included in the design for your kitchen remodel in Fall River, custom cabinets can get expensive due to the increased labor. They can also take weeks or months to complete, as they must be custom designed and created for each individual client. Some are built on-site by a skilled craftsman, while others are manufactured according to your requirements and delivered to your home for installation. Everything from the width to the depth, the height to the style, the color to the shape, can all be custom designed to create the kitchen of your dreams.
Visit Our Fall River Showroom
Come to Paul’s Quality Kitchens in Fall River, MA to view our beautiful showroom of Fall River kitchen cabinets, cupboards and materials. If you are interested in creating a brand new kitchen design or if you just want to upgrade your old cabinets, our team can help you select the materials and installation options that best suit your needs. Give us a call at 508-324-9464 to get a FREE estimate on any of our fine products and quality services.