So you finally got the Fall River designer kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Now, you need to learn how to take care of it. Your best bet is to contact the company that installed your cabinets and vanities as part of your kitchen and bathroom remodeling project and ask about ongoing maintenance and care. However, there are a few tried and true methods for everyday cleaning that can be used for just about any type of wood cabinetry.
It is important to avoid using harsh chemicals, abrasives or scouring pads when cleaning your Fall River kitchens and bathrooms cabinetry. It is better to start small and simple when trying to remove dirty fingerprints, grease, grime, and food splatter than to overdo it and cause damage to the wood. Follow these simple rules, and your kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanity in Fall River will look great for many years to come.
Kitchen and Bathroom Cleaning 101
You might have noticed that your brand new Fall River bathroom cabinets in the guest bathroom get dirty pretty quick. Messy hands, dripped toothpaste, splattered soap – it all adds up quickly, especially in a space that gets a lot of use. The same holds true for your kitchen. Grease that pops when cooking, kids that seem to spill anything sticky, and pets can even get messy food residue all over the toe kicks and cabinet doors – it never ends. So when you’re faced with removing messy substances from your Fall River kitchens and bathrooms, it is important to clean it up right away to reduce the amount of elbow grease required to remove it later.
- Commercial Cleaners – Look for organic, eco-friendly, and chemical-free cleaners for your Fall River designer kitchen and bathroom. For real wood cabinetry, choose cleaners like Murphy’s Oil Soap or other brands that are recommended by the installer or manufacturer. You never want to use anything harsh on your kitchen cabinets or bathroom vanity in Fall River, so make sure to test anything new on the part of your cabinet that is hidden from direct view. Always use a soft cloth to avoid putting any scratches into the wood.
- Natural Cleaners – Vinegar can be used to clean just about anything. In fact, it is the best choice for cleaning greasy cabinets and backsplashes. A 50-50 solution of warm water and vinegar in a spray bottle can be your best friend. Just mist it lightly on the cabinets in your Fall River kitchens and bathrooms, allow it to sit for a couple of minutes, and then wipe away with a clean, soft cloth. If your cabinets are exceptionally dirty and greasy, you can add a couple of drops of liquid dish soap to your 50-50 solution for extra cleaning power.
Regular Cleaning is Important
Don’t wait until you start noticing spots or marks on your brand new kitchen and bathroom remodeling cabinetry. A weekly wipedown of your new cabinets and bathroom vanity in Fall River will help them to stay looking new for many years to come. Not only will it remove dust and fine particles from everyday use, but it will help to make cleaning bigger messes even easier when they occur. Regardless of the type of cleaner you use, some basic steps should be taken to keep your Fall River bathroom cabinets and kitchen cupboards looking their very best.
- clean the outside and inside of all doors and drawers
- clean all drawer pulls, door handles, and hinges
- make sure all surfaces are dried thoroughly with a clean towel
- remove stubborn stains with baking soda and a soft wet sponge
- a clean, soft toothbrush can be used around hardware or to remove stubborn stains
- consider using protective treatments to protect cabinets from future stains
Quality Cabinets Make the Difference
If you are still in the planning stages of kitchen and bathroom remodeling, it is important to find a designer who can help you create the Fall River kitchens and bathrooms of your dreams. Paul’s Quality Kitchens has over 25 years of experience providing beautiful Fall River designer kitchens and bathroom vanities to residential and commercial clients in the South Coast area. Choose from a wide selection of beautiful Fall River bathroom cabinets and kitchen cupboards or work with our in-house design services to create a custom solution for your home. If you have any questions about cleaning and maintaining your brand new cabinets, vanities, and cupboards, just give us a call. We will be happy to provide you with even more tips to keep your kitchen and bathroom remodeling project looking it’s very best.